Friday, September 18, 2015

The Troll

See

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll


I have been identified as a "troll".  And, from their Norse origins, trolls have been dark and disruptive creatures that pose riddles and eat children.  Now, that my nature has been exposed, I do not have to worry about my reputation, and I can do what come naturally.


Of course, I am disruptive in the same way that Newton, Copernicus, Steinmetz, Curie, Fermi, and Feynman were disruptive;  I tell the truth.  I say things that others should have seen, but did not say.  As an identified troll, I find telling the truth to be deliciously disruptive, and I find telling lies to be calming.


The truth is: that modern spinners have a fanatical doctrine that destroys history just as surely as Taliban blowing up Buddhist statues or ISIS blowing up Palmyra.  I think that if modern spinners had the courage and technical knowledge of explosives, they would try to blow up my spinning wheel because it does not comply with their doctrine.  The have certainly lobbed enough written bombs filled with all kinds of shit at me.


Modern spinners have made a point of trying to write DRS out of history.  SG and AA certainly found 11 spinning wheels with accelerators.  Such accelerators work much, much better on DRS than on any kind of single drive wheel.  If I see an accelerator on a wheel, then I know that it is a DD/DRS wheel. Anybody that has used a variety accelerators with a range of flyers knows this.  Modern spinners that do not know this, do not know their tools, and this is the key.  Modern spinners have not bothered to learn about their wheels.  They have not done their homework.  The spinners that lobbed all those written bombs at me show me that they are as ignorant as the narrow minded fanatics in the Taliban and ISIS.  it shows me that they have a doctrine that is divorced from the physics and mechanics of spinning. It is that doctrine, that lie, that calms modern spinners.



6 comments:

Holin Kennen said...

Now that you've admitted in print that you are disruptive and that you find lies to be "calming" (which is pathological all by itself), I guess the rest of us - those of us who actually know what we're doing with this spinning, knitting, and weaving stuff - can now do what should be natural to us: ignore your disruptive, evasive, deliberately deceptive, and over-inflated drivel. So, you just carry on there, Captain Blowhard, with telling your calming lies and your delicious disruptions. Eventually you will be banned from Ravelry, and you can whine into the void.

And please, have the decency not to equate modern spinners with the Taliban or ISIS. It's the equivalent of Godwin's law and it's racist. Why would any of us blow up your poor spinning wheel? We would simply disassemble the unnecessary parts you added and burn them, using the heat to make popcorn. We would restore your wheel to its original purpose and give it to someone who would love and respect it instead of forcing it to do what it was never meant to do.

You've brought all this on yourself, Aaron. Now you get to reap what you have sown. PUBLISH THIS. I DARE YOU.

Helen said...

Wondering what awful forum you must be looking at? Unfortunately for some a lot of the American sites/groups like to think they are the centre of all that matters, but the fact is that they are not and you may find more logical and open mindedness in the wider field.

Aaron said...

Holin,

You lie.
I tell the truth.

You failed to understand the mechanics and physics of spinning wheels and have been teaching non-sense for a long, long time. I know the doctrine of Scotch Tension and Great Wheels as the only true ways to spin is calming, but it is a lie.

Physics disrupts your false doctrine. I am only one of the messengers. Physics is the disrupter. And, there are many other messengers.

Do not buck physics. Physics always works, and physics always wins.

Aaron said...

I know my place in the world.

Spinning is very time consuming. If Holin had some serious spinning goals, she would not spend so much time posting here.

Holin Kennen said...

I never said that Scotch tension wheels were the "only true way" to spin. In fact, if you actually look at my previous comments, you will see, quite clearly, that I have two great wheels and two double drive wheels, and that I prefer DD wheels. Oh, wait. You'd rather tell one of your delicious troll lies than look at what's been written on your own blog. Another "F" in basic research skills.

Holin Kennen said...

I never said that Scotch tension wheels were the "only true way" to spin. In fact, if you actually look at my previous comments, you will see, quite clearly, that I have two great wheels and two double drive wheels, and that I prefer DD wheels. Oh, wait. You'd rather tell one of your delicious troll lies than look at what's been written on your own blog. Another "F" in basic research skills.